This simple, quick and easy recipe for homemade fresh tomato soup is perfect to make when tomatoes are ripe in gardens and farmers’ markets for a delicious summertime treat.
Prep time: 5-7 mins Cook time: 30 mins Ready In: 45 mins Servings: 6
1. In a pot, combine tomatoes, onions, cloves of garlic and broth/stock. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil for about 20 minutes.
2. Blend in VibMix or Processor.
3. In empty pot, melt butter over medium stir in flour to make a roux, cook until medium brown.
4. Slowly push in the tomato mixture and mix so that no lumps form then stir in the rest slowly.
5. Season with sugar and salt and adjust to taste.